Transforming an image to the device color space for printing works with current krita but proper soft-proofing would make it more user friendly by...
- Making it a non-destructive conversion(like a display filter)
- Allowing for out of gamut checks which replace the image colors with a user chosen color.
Supports proofing transforms which take a input(image), output(monitor) and a proofing profile(like cmyk). It then takes rendering intent and conversion flags as well.
We would want this to...
- Replace the regular monitor transform when enabled.
- Make it per document at the least(per view ideally)
- Have a check when selecting a color whether it's out of gamut for our image space somewhere?
- Should we have the alarm seperate?
- How to mimick ps's ink simulation?
- How to mimick ps's paper color simulation?