Currently, we have at least 3 official sources of news form KDE.
We should at least merge the first two and maybe the ev too.
Current problems of dot.kde.org:
- Old design, old branding, links and pages
- No translations => bad for international promo
- Awkward name dot [dot] kde [dot] org
Current advantage of dot.kde.org:
- wysiwyg? => easy for the promo team to edit
Current problems with kde.org/annoucements:
- Not enough people with SVN access => difficult for the promo team to change
- Raw HTML/PHP => difficult for the promo team to change
- No RSS feed
Current advantages of kde.org/announcements:
We need to find a solution :)
The biggest problem is that to use the current translation system we need to have the content stored in SVN or git and this also means that we need the promo team to edit the content in SVN or git.