According to stats.kde.org, kde.org/applications make to 44% of the views of kde.org.
The problem is that a lot of application descriptions are not descriptive or too short. These descriptions are critical since they are used by google to find relevant search result and in Discover. The description are fetched from the AppStream files.
So let's collect here the list of applications that need better description and try to improve/rewrite them. I can take care of uploading the new description.
List of problematic short application descriptions (ones listed on kde.org/applications):
- KDiff3/Kompare: need to have different descriptions
- GCompris: a bit more elaborated concerning which games it includes?
- Kolf: perhaps something like golf simulator game?
- LSkat: referencing that it's a german-specific card-game.
- KRuler: could have a more catchy description
- Kamoso: should reference the camera effects it includes, and the fact it's referring to webcams
- Calligra Sheets/Stage: include the word "editor"
List of problematic long application descriptions (those shown for each individual application):
- https://kde.org/applications/utilities/org.kde.kleopatra: Only 27 words but 10% of the visits of kde.org
- TODO add more
I also saw that games.kde.org provides better description of the KDE games than kde.org/applications/game. We will also need to copy these descriptions to the AppStream files for the case that they are better.