In this task we will co-ordinate activities to be carried out at the PyCon India 2019. This is work in progress. Some sections are not filled out yet. Submit your ideas and suggestions in the comments.
When and where will it be held?
What is it?
"PyCon India is the annual gathering of Pythonistas, run by the Indian Python community, to foster adoption of the Python programming language. PyCon India 2019, will take place in Chennai, between Oct 12 and 15. This is 11th edition of the conference and about 1200 people are expected to participate in this event, from all over the country."
According to the organisers. PyCon India is the annual conference of the Python community in India, which brings together developers, experts, academics, scientists and enthusiasts from all over India and abroad. It is one of the largest Python conferences in Asia. Most attendees are currently from India, but the international crowd is growing.
For more detailed information about the event, the sponsorship prospectus might help.
What do we want to achieve?
- Increase awareness regarding KDE as an organization in India and invite more contributors to KDE software from India.
- Organize Devsprint for interested KDE project(s).
- Contribute to making KDE a household name be trying to make KDE, Plasma and some of KDE's more popular applications recognisable
- Help KDE become recognised as a provider of quality software and improve consumers' and businesses' awareness and positive perception of KDE products.
- Promote KDE as a FOSS organization to invite young contributors with a will to learn.
How will we achieve these goals?
we can have any interested project organize a devsprint at IITM Research Park. The procedure to apply for devsprints [to be updated]
... A Booth
A booth promoting KDE softwares. The current list is:-
- KDE Plasma
- Plasma Mobile
- KDE Connect
Who will attend?
We will have a community showcase space available at the event for one day at the conference.
- Staff (@brute4s99 + @rpatwal )
Anybody else who would like to help with this, please just jump in.
We need a list of TODOs...