Looks like the highest resolution of the Marble logo that we have at the moment is 192 x 192: https://github.com/KDE/marble/blob/master/data/android/drawable-xxxhdpi/marblelogo.png . We can reduce the size to 192x192 to get rid of the blur, in which case it would look something like this.Looks good?
That still looks blurry to me, though it's not your fault. The source 192x192 image itself looks blurry, as if it's been scaled up. Shame we don't have a better icon, or it's not an SVG. If you can change the size of the icon to the point where it doesn't look blurry, I'll approve it.
In the meantime, it would be nice to get a bug report going to improve the icon itself.
Looks to me too that the logo has been scaled up. However, the blur becomes quite negligible if I show just 150x150 imo.I think we should be okay with the above.
Or if that one still seems too blurred, we can bring it down even more to 100x100 if absolutely necessary (but then the image might look too small).
I rather prefer 100x100 since it looks nice and sharp, but would accept 150x150 if other folks think it's okay.
I also think we need to work on the icon, which would prevent this problem.
Guys, we DO have an SVG as a source file. That's why I asked for the preferred resolution in the first place!
We could either render the SVG directly or use a 256x256 version - whatever works better.
I've just submitted the 256x256 version of the png to master ...
[18:27:06] <pursuivant> marble (master) v17.08.1-55-gc4e30984a * Torsten Rahn: data/icons/256-apps-marble.png
[18:27:07] <pursuivant> Adding 256x256 version for the splash screen.
To me it looks like the 256x256 version got scaled down to 100x100 and then got scaled up again.
So something in your code might be faulty. If we don't make use of the alpha channel inside the PNG then using a JPG with low compression (and high quality) might drain less I/O during loading - but that's something we can investigate later on.
I had adjusted the values to 256 in that line previously as well, and it was showing the icon in that manner. However, I just did a clean build again from scratch, and the icon looks good now. Maybe earlier it was using cached image from before somehow.