This is a combined patch correcting several shortcomings in preliminary support for AMS and including an experimental support for the direct scanout of Wayland buffers for fullscreen windows bypassing the compositor.
- Test mode for atomic commits
- Cleaned up property adding
- Fixed atomic DPMS
- Other minor fixes regarding potential buffer leaks
- First draft for assigning buffers for overlay planes
Direct Buffer Scanout:
- Added new DrmBuffer class (will also be used for overlay planes later)
- Works only on Gl at the moment, skips context switch, uses WindowPixmaps for now.
Problems / open questions:
Marked by TODO_X (all done) On X OpenGl based Compositing fails (probably the direct scanout attempt needs to stop earlier)
- There is still tearing on direct buffer scanout. EDIT: The problem seems to be only in XWayland apps. Use the following Qt Quick Wayland native test app for comparision: