Before the upgrade to Qt5 you could go to any bookmark in the bookmark
menu by simply typing the shortest unique first part of its name.
This functionality disappeared in the upgrade because kde frameworks 5
removed the functions setKeyboardShortcutsEnabled and
setKeyboardShortcutsExecute (see the commented out code in
krbookmarkbutton.cpp). As I could find no equivalent functions in kde
framework 5 I wrote some code to emulate their functionality instead.
My code seems to be functionally identical with the old one with two
1)In krusader 2.4beta3 the text that matches what you have already typed
is underlined for each of the bookmarks
2)In my code '&' shortcuts (naming a bookmark '&movies' means 'm' is a
shortcut for that bookmark) have absolute priority. This means that if
you have three bookmarks named 'abc', 'abd', and, 'k&bc' and then type
'ab' it will open the 'kbc' bookmark, because of the 'b' shortcut. In
krusader 2.4beta3 once you have typed more than one character all the
shortcuts are disabled assuming none of them matched the first letter.
The below is the license for the patched that's attached too this email.
It's the same as the original file but i figured it might be worth
explicitly specifying just in case it is needed.
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify *
- it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by *
- the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or *
- (at your option) any later version. * * *
- This package is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, *
- but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of *
- MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the *
- GNU General Public License for more details. * * *
- You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License *
- along with this package; if not, write to the Free Software *
- Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301